Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Aviation Fuel Level Indication - Customer Responses

Customer Responses


The cost to retrofit CiES senders to a pre-74 B55 is around $3200 (plus installation). That may seem "outrageous" but it's only about 50% more than what it costs to have the eight (2 per tank * 4 tanks) senders "overhauled" and my experience with overhauled senders is not very good. At best the OH senders will perform as good as when new for a few years which is to say they're accurate to within about +/- 5 gallons.
Properly calibrated the CiES senders appear to be within one gallon.  In a Bonanza with two 40 gallon tanks or a post 1973 Baron there are only four senders so that cost is cut in half. IIRC the last time I checked, new (1940s technology based) senders from Beech were around $1,600 each or over four times what CiES charges.

I'm having a hard time seeing anything "outrageous" with CIES pricing.

---------

And one additional point about CIES senders. I have absolutely no doubt if any question or issue came up, Scott would be on the phone within the hour. (More likely in minutes.) Every interaction I have had with him and interactions I have seen others have with him have been very positive. 

Phone or email he's always been very helpful.

------------

+1 on the CiES/ Scott Philiben Phan club. There's no better customer service than that provided by Scott. anywhere.

I'm still VERY happy with my CiES senders. You know, when something "just works", you take it for granted. I don't really give my CiES senders much thought. They're underappreciated little heros quietly doing their job. Perfectly. All the time.

------------


 
AIRCRAFT FUEL GAUGES THAT YOU CAN TRUST 
"With over 10,000 units now flying, CiES has taken over the OEM fuel level sending field.   Our combination of outstanding quality,  reliability, and accuracy has made CiES the standard and the industry leader for fuel level indication on all aviation platforms, GA, Utility, Rotorcraft for both reciprocating and turbine engine applications 

1 comment:

  1. I am really appreciating very much by seeing your interesting posts.

    wrong fuel news

    ReplyDelete